Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Silence is Platinum

For my regular readers out there, please disregard this post. I needed to make an entry explaining why I chose the title I use for my blog. I am taking a class for work, and this is one of the assignments. So, silent film fans, check back soon for a new post (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

Canvas coworkers/classmates and Chris, (Holy alliteration, Batman!) read on! 

I started my blog in 2010. I wanted a place where I could share my passion and collected information about silent movie stars. I wanted a catchy, fun name for my blog and the quote, "Silence is golden" popped into my head. I went with a variation, "Silence is Platinum" because I thought platinum best fit my feelings as to how high I exalt these stars from the silent film era. 

I have thought about changing the title numerous times, but I didn't want to have to go through the hassle. The main reason behind wanting to change the title is because Platinum was the name of strip club in my hometown and I can't help but think about it when I say the name of my blog. I am hoping that my readers instead like the name for the original reason I chose it and don't have thoughts of Mary Pickford and Lillian Gish working at a gentlemen's club. 


No comments:

Post a Comment