Monday, May 2, 2011

National Film Registry

StumbleUpon.com is a new friend of mine. My new friend recently showed me this website with information on the National Film Registry, and let me tell you...I was scrolling up and down the list of movies that have not been added for like hours. I was really surprised at some of the titles on there that had yet to be added.

You can e-mail in your movie choices to dross@loc.gov and they ask for a limit of 50 choices (which, after looking at this list, is hard to narrow down). I highly recommend everyone sending in votes so we can all see some of our favorite film and film stars preserved for years and years to come. You can check out a list of those yet added here: http://www.loc.gov/film/NFRposs.html

Here are a few of the highlights. Also known as the titles I sent my votes in for.

A Fool There Was (1915) starring Theda Bara


Camille (1921) starring Rudolph Valentino


The High Sign (1921) starring Buster Keaton


Extra Girl (1923) starring Mabel Normand


Flaming Youth (1923) starring Colleen Moore


Three Ages (1923) starring Buster Keaton


The Navigator (1924) starring Buster Keaton


The Merry Widow (1925) starring Mae Murray


Dancing Mothers (1926) starring Clara Bow


My Best Girl (1927) starring Mary Pickford

The Student Prince of Old Heidelberg (1927) starring Norma Shearer


Our Dancing Daughters (1928) starring Joan Crawford

Steamboat Bill Jr. (1928) starring Buster Keaton


Like I said, there are a ton of other titles, tons and tons of talkie pictures that deserve to be preserved too, but I just named the silents for obvious reasons. Ya'll agree with my choices?

3 comments:

  1. do I agree??? Heck yeah! You are a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world did I manage to miss this blog completely?! Heading now to catch up on posts!

    Jen from Silent Stanzas / Flappers & Flickers
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well welcome Jen! I will check out your blog as well! I can tell already I will dig it :)

    ReplyDelete